Farm21 is looking for a sales development representative who likes to work in a highly dynamic Agritech startup. At Farm21 we build the world's most affordable sensor for growers to help them save on valuable resources and improve their yields.
Our online platform will become a full-fledged digital agronomist in your pocket. It will give accurate and timely advice, so all growers can make the right farming decisions.
Our products are now sold through a worldwide distributor network with a strong foothold in the Netherlands. We now want to expand our horizon with your help, this is why we will need a full time SDR that will keep our sales funnel thick and full to help us grow.
You will reach out to potential distributors, input suppliers, buyers, research institutes and food manufacturers to convince them of our product and platform. These target groups are in touch with thousands of growers.
It will be your job to get in touch with the key decision makers within those organisations and to show them the potential of our product. You'll be helping us to find potential distributors that would like to start testing with our product (10 sensors), make them love it, and eventually deploy on a large scale (>5000 sensors). During your prospecting you will also relay any wishes from potential customers regarding our product development or platform development.
- Identify qualified opportunities providing appropriate levels of information at the right time for interested prospects
- Be responsible for educating and developing prospects leading to hand-off to sales teams
- Create target prospects lists and penetrate key accounts
- Cold call into prospects generated by variety of outside sources like email drip campaigns or phone calls.
- Identify key players, researching and obtaining business requirements, and presenting solutions to begin sales cycle
- Profile strategic accounts identifying key individuals, researching and obtaining business requirements and presenting solutions to start the sales cycle
- Set appointments for the Farm21 sales team when a lead reaches a qualified stage
- Collaborate with sales and marketing team members on strategic sales approach
- Ensure successful follow through of sales cycle by maintaining accurate activity and lead qualification information in CRM application (Pipedrive)
- 1+ year of successful experience in sales, telemarketing or cold email campaigns
- Exceptional communication skills, both oral and written, coupled with excellent listening skills and a positive and energetic phone presence. You are fluent in English and one other language like German, French or Spanish.
- Demonstrated success in prospecting or clear idea of possible approaches for a product + platform company like Farm21
- Extremely self-motivated with a diligent work ethic
- High level of integrity and strong commitment to building a successful company
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with CRM applications like Pipedrive and cold emailing software like snov.io are preferred
- Bachelor’s degree minimal strongly preferred
- Connection to the Agriculture industry preferred
- You live in the Netherlands
What you will get
- Great colleagues
- A chance to make an impact on the world's food production
- A good salary
- Work from home or our office in Amsterdam
- You will experience working at a fast-growing startup